Thursday, April 16, 2015

And here we go...

Wow! Just the thought of posting my first blog and I got extremely anxious; talk about letting fear and what people might think of me take over. It is amazing how the stresses we create in our own minds can really do a number on us.

So, I guess this is where I will start...
 For the majority of my adult life, I have been learning, sometimes extremely unwillingly, that I have the choice to create my experience of life. To clarify, by experience, I don't mean circumstances, things happen that I have no control over, but my experience of it and how I choose to react is entirely up to me. Do I, always, react the way I would like to? no. I would say that up until very recently, I, almost, always let my circumstances trigger my reactions and dictate my experience.
Now, the reactions are getting less reactive and more responsive, but it still happens. At least, now, I am starting to become aware that I do have a choice, and in my book, that is huge!
Why did I even bring this up? Because it is that awareness that brought me to a sequence of decisions that have changed my life, but that is for later entries.
For now, I would like to leave with this... I am taking the leap and writing this blog, not because I want to be "famous" or get anything out of it, but because I hope, that maybe, I might be able to help someone through a circumstance, they find difficult or can't seem to find a way out of, by just sharing my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment